Gluten Free Cauliflower Pizza Recipe
Posted , in Dinner
Everyone loves a pizza and with this gluten free pizza base alternative, your whole family can as well! Mix up the toppings to make big ones to share, smaller individual ones and even bite sized ones for parties!
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100g almonds (grounded)
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Gluten free mozzarella, grated (don’t forget to grate it yourself as pre-grated can often be coated in flour!)
- Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 25g butter
* This recipe is vegetarian
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
1. Heat the oven to 200C, line an oven tray with baking parchment and drizzle with oil. Start by removing all of the leaves from the cauliflower, trim off the stalk and cut it into chunks before whizzing up in the food processor, until it resembles rice. You might want to do this in two batches to help with the blending.
2. Put all the blended cauliflower into a microwavable bowl, cover and microwave on for around 5 minutes until softened. Remove from the microwave (be careful!) and turn out onto some kitchen roll or a clean tea towel and leave until it’s cool enough to handle.
3. Pat the cauliflower to remove the excess liquid, or as much as possible then tip back into a bowl. Now stir in the beaten egg, salt, pepper, oregano and ground almonds. Mix together until it forms a dough like consistency.
4. Spoon out the cauliflower ‘dough’ onto the lined baking tray then, using a spatula or a spoon, spread out the mixture into a thin pizza base, keeping it a bit thicker around the crust so the sauce doesn’t run off! Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges start to crisp and the base turns golden brown.
6. Once the cauliflower base has turned golden brown, remove from the oven and leave to cool. In a pan, melt the butter together with the garlic puree and a drizzle of olive oil.
7. Spread the melted butter lightly over the base and spoon to the edges. You can now arrange your tomatoes, tear over half of the basil then scatter on the mozzarella. You could even add some chilli flakes if like things a little bit spicy! Pop back in the oven for around 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted and it’s looking golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven and tear the rest of the basil over the pizza, then slice and serve with a lovely crisp salad!