Gluten Free Cheese & Ham Omelette
Posted , in Lunch
An omelette makes a quick and satisfying snack, or lunch paired with a light salad. Using one mixture, you could create a different variation for each family member!
- 3 large eggs
- 30g cheddar cheese, make sure to grate yourself as the bags of ready grated cheese often is rolled in wheat flour, which is a no no!
- 1 slice thick cut ham, diced (you could use bacon)
- 10g unsalted butter
- Salt & pepper
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste, then gently beat the eggs with a fork or whisk.
- Heat the butter in a medium frying pan until hot, then pour in the eggs and cook until the bottom of the omelette has started to firm up.
- Using a spatula, gently push the edges of the omelette into the centre, whilst the bottom continues to cook.
- Repeat this process until the eggs have all set but the centre is still slightly soft.
- Scatter in the cheese and the ham into one half of the omelette and cook until the cheese has melted.
- Fold the omelette in half then turn it out onto a plate and serve with a salad for lunch, or a slice of gluten free bread.