Gluten Free Mushroom Soup Recipe
Posted , in Lunch
There’s nothing more comforting that a steaming bowl of homemade soup, for lunch, dinner or as a snack! You can knock up a huge pot of soup for the family to enjoy throughout the week, taking the strain out of coming up with ideas every day whilst getting some vegetables into your kids!
- 450g assorted mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 700ml gluten free chicken stock
- 235ml double cream
- 1 tbsp gluten free all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
Top tip: never cook with a wine that you wouldn’t drink!
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over a low heat. Add in the onions, mushrooms, rosemary and thyme and saute until soft. Season with salt.
- Pour in the wine and cook until the alcohol cooks off, the liquid will visibly reduce. This should take about 5 minutes, then you can add in the chicken stock. Season and simmer for 15 minutes with a lid on.
- In a bowl, whisk the cream and gluten free flour together before pouring into the soup. Keep cooking, stirring occasionally until the soup has thickened and heated up.
- When it’s hot, pour into bowls and enjoy with a warm chunk of homemade gluten free bread.