This breakfast idea is super quick, easy, and is a brilliant and fun way of getting some greens into your kids first thing in the morning, by using the asparagus soldiers to dip into the runny yolk!
- 2 large free range eggs (depending on hunger!)
- 10 asparagus spears
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 slices of Parma or Serrano ham
- Chilli optional
* This recipe is vegetarian
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
1. Boil the kettle.
2. Pour the boiling water into a saucepan, bring back to the boil and add some salt before carefully lowering in your eggs and asparagus for 3-4 minutes. You can use the same pan at the same time, to save on washing up!
3. Quickly remove the eggs from the pan and place into your egg cups. Gently cut off the top and scoop out any white until you can see the golden yolk.
4. Drain the asparagus, season with salt and pepper and wrap with a slice of Parma or Serrano ham. Serve up and dip away!