How to make Gluten Free Pancakes
Posted , in Breakfast
Who doesn’t love a pancake on a weekend? They’re so versatile to accommodate for all likes! Add chocolate chips, banana, blueberries or stay simple with sugar and lemon.
- 125g gluten free plain flour
- 1 egg
- 250ml milk
- Butter for frying
* This recipe is vegetarian
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl and make a well into the centre to crack the egg into. Add the milk and whisk together well to form a lump free batter. Cover with cling film and leave to settle in the fridge for 20 minutes at least.
- Heat a medium sized non-stick frying pan with a knob of butter. When melted, use a ladle to spoon in some of the mixture for your first pancake and swirl to coat the pan into a thin layer.
- Cook for a few minutes, you can even attempt the pancake toss if you’re feeling brave! If not, just flip the pancake to brown each side.
- Turn out onto a piece of kitchen roll to soak the excess butter. Meanwhile, you can begin cooking your next pancake in the same way.
- Serve with your choice of toppings and enjoy!