How to make Homemade Gluten Free Bread
Posted , in Bakes
As part of your weekly routine, you might choose to bake a fresh loaf of gluten free bread, for lunch for the week ahead. It’s a lovely task to do with the kids, and there’s no better smell than freshly baked bread on a Sunday morning!
This recipe makes a deliciously fluffy loaf of gluten free bread.
- 450g gluten free bread flour
- 325ml milk
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tbsp oil
- 1tbsp vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp gluten free quick acting yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
* This recipe is vegetarian
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Brush the inside of 1kg/2lb bread tin with some oil, to prevent it from sticking and helping it to rise.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, yeast and sugar.
- In a different bowl, whisk the eggs together and beat in the vinegar and milk, then pour the liquid into the flour.
- Add half the oil and mix well. Pour in the remaining oil and continue to mix until it forms a soft dough.
- Turn out the dough in the prepared tin and smooth over the top. You can make a pattern if you wish, which will rise and form a crust.
- Cover with oiled cling film and leave to rise in a warm place for 90 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Once the dough has rested and risen in the tray, pop in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Take the bread out of the oven and turn out of the tray, to allow to cool completely before slicing and enjoying!