Freya's Favourite Gluten Free Chocolate Fudge Fake
Posted , in Bakes
Everyone loves a chocolate fudge cake, especially a gluten free chocolate fudge cake! This recipe is incredibly easy as it’s an ‘all in one’, making it the perfect treat, or for a special occasion.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CAKE
- 175g self raising all purpose gluten free flour
- 25g pure cocoa powder
- 175g butter, softened (get it out of the fridge early!)
- 3 large eggs
- 175g muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 50g gluten free dark chocolate, melted
INGREDIENTS FOR THE FUDGE FROSTING
- 200g gluten free dark chocolate, melted
- 200g butter, softened (again, make sure it’s out of the fridge in good time)
- 200g icing sugar
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Start by pre heating the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line two 20cm cake tins with baking parchment. Use a little bit of butter to grease the parchment as this will help to stop your cake mixture from sticking, when cooked.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of your ingredients with a sturdy spoon, until it comes together in a smooth paste. Make sure you scrape the sides of the bowl to get the excess dry ingredients off! You could also do this step in a food processor to make it quicker…
- Divide the mixture evenly between both of your lined cake tins, pouring into each. Wobbe each tin gently to let the mixture settle and any air pockets to leave.
- Pop your tins in the oven, on the same shelf, for 30 minutes or until they are both cooked through. You can test this by poking a long skewer into the centre of the cakes, if it comes out clean, they are cooked. Turn the cakes out onto a cooling rack and leave to cool. Don’t be tempted to have a nibble though or you’ll ruin the cake!
- Whilst the cake is cooling, you can make up your fudge frosting, that will sit in between the layers and on the top. So, in a large bowl (or food processor) add all the ingredients from the above list and mix thoroughly, until smooth. Again, it’s important to make sure you scrape down the sides of the bowl, so you don’t miss any ingredients!
- Now that your cakes have cooled, spread about ⅓ of the fudge frosting onto the top of one of the cakes before laying the second tier on top. Add more frosting to the top of the cakes and the sides if you wish, being sure to spread the mixture evenly with a spatula.
- Now for the fun bit! Depending on the occasion, you can decorate your cake however you like. Just make sure the toppings you add are gluten free! Freya loves little fudge pieces and grated chocolate on top of hers!