Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe
Posted , in Bakes
What better smell to wake up to on a weekend then freshly made banana bread, that can be enjoyed by the whole family? Banana bread is a fantastic snack, so a great one for whilst you’re on the go.
- 5 ripened bananas, mashed
- 250g gluten free plain flour
- 180g light Muscovado sugar
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 large eggs
* This recipe is vegetarian
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius then line a loaf baking tin with greaseproof paper. This will help you to be able to turn out the banana bread when it’s cooked.
- In a large bowl, mash up the bananas with a fork then add the eggs, melted butter and sugar. Use a whisk or an electric whisk to speed up the process, to mix the ingredients together.
- Next, sieve in the gluten free flour, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda and fold into the mixture. The mixture should be thick and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the greaseproof lined tin and pop into the oven for an hour, or until golden brown. You can test whether the banana bread is ready by poking a skewer into the middle. If it comes out clean, then the bread is ready!
- Leave to cool for a few minutes, then turn out the banana bread onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely before enjoying!