One of Freya’s favourite snacks is a homemade blueberry muffin, especially when she’s made them herself! Baking these treats is also a great way to start a weekend morning with the family.
- 250g self raising gluten free flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 200g fresh blueberries
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 150ml almond milk
* This recipe is vegetarian
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees celcius. Pick your paper cases (you can get some brilliant decorative ones for parties!) and place them into a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar and blueberries and make a large well in the middle, ready for the wet ingredients to be poured into.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, oil and milk together then you can pour into the well in your other bowl. Mix them all together well, but it still needs to be a little lumpy, even though that sounds odd!
- Carefully spoon the mixture evenly into your paper cases and then put in the oven, on a middle shelf for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. You can test if they’re ready by poking a skewer into the centre of the cakes. If it comes out clean, then they are ready.
- Remove the muffins in their cases, onto a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely before enjoying with further blueberries on a Saturday morning!