Gluten Free On-the-go Oat Bar Recipe
Posted , in Snacks
If you’re planning a trip out for the day and you’re worried about finding something suitably gluten free to snack on, take a handful of these fabulous gluten free on-the-go oat bars for your kids to nibble on.
- 120g of gluten free cereal oats, toasted
- 60g dried berries of your choice - Freya likes blueberries!
- 10 tablespoons of pure honey (you can use more if you need to)
- 85g butter
* This recipe is vegetarian
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Line a deep square tin with greaseproof paper and place to one side.
- In a large bowl, mix the gluten free oats and dried berries together.
- In a saucepan, gently but consistently stir together the butter and honey until it’s a smooth liquid. This should be done over a low to medium heat for about a minute. Be careful not to overcook it though otherwise you’ll need to start again when the mixture goes hard! Let it cool for a few minutes.
- Combine the honey mixture and the dry oat mixture well, making sure all of the oats are coated.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and make sure you flatten it out into all corners, pressing hard so it all sticks together well. Cover with cling film and pop in the fridge to set. You should leave it for several hours, overnight is best, then cut into bars. Your bars can remain in the fridge also. Enjoy on the go or with a dash of yoghurt!