Gluten free slow cooked lamb shoulder with chickpeas
Posted , in Dinner
There's nothing better than slow cooking a lamb shoulder on a Sunday, but this dish has a twist as it's a one pot wonder, cooked on a bed of plum tomatoes and chickpeas.
- 1kg lamb shoulder, bone in
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained
- 1 white onion, diced
- Sprig of rosemary
- Sprig of thyme
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees. In a deep oven tray, pour in the chickpeas, tin of tomatoes and sliced onion.
2. Season the lamb shoulder with salt, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil then place it in the baking tray on top of the tomatoes and chickpeas.
3. Wrap the baking tray tightly in tin foil then put in the oven for at least 3 hours. The longer the better until the meat falls off the bone and the chickpeas have soaked up all of the tomato.
4. Serve up with potatoes, or just salad and gluten free feta cheese.
Top tip: You can freeze this dish really well and pull out for an easy mid-week meal!