Gluten Free Grilled Portobello Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
Posted , in Snacks
Stuffed Portobello mushrooms make a fantastic light lunch with a salad, or as an accompanying side to any dish. Naturally gluten free and also suitable for those on a vegetarian diet.
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 1 red chilli (or more depending on your spice levels)
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 200g feta cheese, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
* This recipe is vegetarian
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
1. Heat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems then finely dice the stems. Rub the mushrooms with a little olive oil to keep them moist.
3. In a frying pan, melt the butter and saute the garlic puree, chilli, shallots and mushrooms stems for about 5 minutes, until the liquid has evaporated.
4. Once cooked, tip into a bowl and leave to cool for a few minutes, then mix in the feta cheese, with a pinch of salt and pepper. Give it a good stir to make sure it’s well combined.
5. Now, using a spoon, stuff the mushrooms with the filling and place onto the baking tray ready for the oven.
6. Once you have filled them all neatly, pop in the oven for 15 minutes until cooked and the cheese has melted and turned golden brown.
7. Serve with a large salad or as a side to a meal and enjoy!