Gluten Free Breaded Chicken Strips with Garlic Mayo Recipe
Posted , in Dinner
Let’s face it, kids love chicken nuggets and there’s nothing wrong with that, as long as they are gluten free. Here’s our very own yummy recipe. It’s one of Freya’s favourites!
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 large free range egg
- 250g gluten free bread crumbs
- 250g gluten free flour
- Garlic puree
- Gluten free mayonnaise (read the labels and check for distilled vinegar, thickeners, emulsifiers and stabilising agents)
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Slice the chicken breasts into strips, or nugget shapes, season with salt and pepper and put to one side.
2. Get 3 wide bowls. In the first, shake in some gluten free flour, in the second, beat and egg and in the third, the gluten free bread crumbs, along with a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Now, begin by taking the chicken strips and rolling all over in the flour, then into the egg, then finally into the bread crumbs, making sure every piece is well coated. Place onto a plate and repeat the process until all the pieces are done.
4. Play a piece of baking parchment onto a baking tray and pop all the chicken strips on, with a drizzle of olive oil on each.
5. Place in the oven for around 20 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Meanwhile, prepare your garlic mayonnaise by spooning shop bought mayo (make sure the brand you buy is Gluten Free) into a bowl and adding garlic puree, to taste. Start off with a small amount so’s not to overpower the mayonnaise, then taste and if necessary, slowly add a little more in.
7. Remove the chicken strips from the oven and use a knife to test whether they are cooked.
8. Serve up the chicken strips with a healthy salad, potatoes and garlic mayo.