Gluten Free Spicy Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Posted , in Dinner
Homemade spicy chicken fajitas are a great one for an evening of entertainment or for a fun family meal. Everyone’s plate can be slightly different when combined with a variety of delicious sauces and toppings so dig in and enjoy! Don’t forget, chicken could easily be swapped for strips of steak, pork or even prawns.
Top tip: the preparation for this meal can be done in the morning or even the night before. This will allow the flavours to really sink in and makes life a little easier for you if you have just arrived home from work.
And always please remember to check your seasonings to make sure they don’t contain gluten.
FOR THE FAJITAS
- 6 chicken thighs, no bones, sliced into strips
- Juice of 3 limes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- Bunch fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper
FOR THE TORTILLAS
- 2 sweet red peppers
- 1 red onion
- Gluten free tortilla wraps
- Sour cream
- Cheese, grated (optional) and don’t forget to grate the cheese yourself. Pre-grated is likely to be coated in flour!
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
1. Squeeze the juice of the limes into a large bowl, add the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic puree, chili powder, onion powder and coriander. Mix well and taste to see if you need any more chili powder or olive oil.
2. Add in the chicken and mix well so that every piece is coated well. You can cover this and pop in the fridge until you need it, from 20 minutes to overnight.
3. Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Meanwhile, slice your peppers and onions and add them to the pan. Coat them in the oil then reduce the heat to medium and leave the peppers to brown and get colour on them.
4. Once the peppers are softened, turn up the heat add in the chicken. Fry until golden brown and the strips are cooked through.
5. Warm the tortillas for a few seconds in the microwave, and then pop in the table, along with the dips, cheese and fajitas. Let everyone dig in, add in the fillings and roll up the wraps!