Gluten Free Pasta - Linguine with Tomato, Pancetta & Parmesan
Posted , in Dinner
This dish is ready as quickly as the gluten free pasta takes to cook! A simple yet effective midweek meal for the family.
- 400g gluten free linguine
- 200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 200g pancetta or bacon - check to make sure it’s gluten free
- Handful basil leaves
- Glug of olive oil
- Salt & pepper
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Start by putting the linguine in a pan of lightly salted boiling water, making sure that all the pasta is covered. Don’t worry, you won’t taste the salt but it helps to season it.
- In a hot frying pan, fry the shallots with the garlic and pancetta until browned.
- Throw in the tomatoes and fry on a fairly low heat until all softened. You will be able to squash some of the tomatoes down to make a sauce. Add a couple of ladles full of the pasta water into your tomato mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Test to see if the linguine is ready, simply by eating a strand. Once it is, use tongs to scoop the pasta into your tomato sauce and toss through. Drizzle with a good glug of olive oil and the basil, then toss through again.
- Serve up with parmesan cheese and black pepper to taste!