Potato Rosti with Smoked Salmon and Poached Eggs Recipe
Posted , in Breakfast
A Sunday morning brunch idea that will kick start a day of activities!
- 5 free range eggs
- 3 peeled potatoes, grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 300g smoked salmon
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Beat 1 free range egg and mix with the grated potatoes and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a frying pan. Mould the potatoes into 4 flat rosti shapes then add to the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Meanwhile, add a dash of vinegar to a pan of boiling water and turn down to simmering. Crack the eggs gently in one at a time and poach for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the rosti and the eggs from the pans and pop onto kitchen roll to drain the excess oil and water from each.
- Place the rostis onto a plate, top with smoked salmon and poached egg.