Looking for a quick and easy gluten free snack for your children to enjoy? Hummus is gluten free and vegan and is even better when you make it yourself! You can enjoy with it toasted gluten free pitta bread or vegetables cut into batons for dipping.
- 200g chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tahini (most are gluten free, but best to check)
- 1 garlic clove
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp water from the chickpea tin
- 2 gluten free pitta breads / carrots or celery, sliced into batons
* This recipe is vegetarian
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- In a food processor, add in the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, salt, tahini and olive oil then blend into a thick but creamy paste.
- Taste it and add more salt or lemon juice if needed. If it’s looking dry then add in the water from the chickpeas.
- Warm through some gluten free pitta breads or slice some carrot and celery into sticks ready for dipping. You can serve the hummus with olive oil drizzled on top and with a sprinkle of paprika to make it look fancy!