Gluten Free Sausage & Butterbean Stew Recipe
Posted , in Dinner
A good old fashioned stew always goes down well, especially on a cold winter’s evening. This hearty and flavoursome sausage and butterbean casserole is super yummy and a real family favourite.
- 8 gluten free sausages
- 1 white onion, diced
- 400g of butter beans, drained
- 400g tin tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, diced finely
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Handful fresh flat leaf parsley
- 400ml gluten free chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan, (preferably an oven proof one to save on washing up!) and brown off the sausages, turning occasionally to make sure you get a good colour all over.
3. Once the sausages are browned, add in the onion and garlic and cook until softened.
4. Add the butter beans to the pan along with the tin of tomatoes and chicken stock, give it a good stir to make sure everything is coated well. Mix in the herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pop the whole dish in the oven and cook for 45 minutes. Check in at around 30 mins to ensure that sauce is thickening up and and if a little ‘thin’ for your taste, add 1 tsp tomato puree and stir.
6. Remove from the oven and use a ladle to scoop the mixture into bowls. Top with a little torn parsley and enjoy!