Gluten Free Tomato & Avocado Bruschetta with Lettuce and Spring Onions
Avocados are all the rage at the moment, for their health qualities and their deliciously moreish taste, so combine it with some fresh cherry tomatoes, chopped spring onions and crunchy gluten free toast, it makes a winning brunch!
- 2 thick slices of gluten free bread
- Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- Half an avocado, sliced thinly
- 1 spring onion
- Handful lettuce leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Handful rosemary, chopped (optional)
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil
* This recipe is vegetarian
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
1. Slice your gluten free bread thickly and put in your designated gluten free toaster for a couple of minutes.
2. Half your tomatoes and drop into a bowl before seasoning with salt and pepper and drizzling with extra virgin olive oil. Toss through to coat them all.
3. Lay the sliced avocado and lettuce on top of the toast (You can spread it on as an alternative to butter if you prefer)
4. Top the avocado with the lettuce with the tomatoes and spring onions before drizzling with a little olive oil and a scattering of rosemary. Enjoy as breakfast, brunch or lunch!